For most of my blog entries I have focused on a single aha moment but I thought that it would also be nice to have a quick list of what I focused on during that lesson to refer back. So here is the list for my last lesson on January 19th:
- don't use your leg at the same time as you use the whip. I have a bad habit of doing this so my instructor has to keep reminding me
- use the whip on the insides hind leg to ask for more bend and to help fill the outside rein
- mix things up by asking for inside flexion and then counter flexion, then back again
- mix things up by moving your circle out by shifting hips and more "thinking" out but still keeping the inside flexion and the moving in doing the same; repeat
- slowly ask for a stretch but releasing the rein (slowly and let him fill the space); make sure he continues the same pace when doing so
As I complete each lesson, I will continue these notes. Hopefully they will prove to be a good reference!